Thiru A. Vamanan, B.E.(Mech), B.E.(Elect) is the present president
The Institution which was inaugurated on 27th July,1958 by Thiru C.Subramaniam, the then Education Minister of Tamil Nadu Government under the presidentship of Thiry. K.Kamraj, the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu was aptly named after Thiru. M. Bhaktavatsalam, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu as a token of his selfness service to our country and Tamil Nadu in particular.
The Polytechnic College is located on a 25 hectares of land, 70 KM. from Chennai on the Chennai-Bangalore National Highway no.4. The intake of the polytechnic at the start was 120. The intake increased to 280 at present due to the addition of other branches. Apart from this, a strength of 180 is additionally increased in Self Supporting Scheme from the year 2006-2007 onwards in the following branches:
1. Mechanical Engineering.
2. Electrical and Electronics Engineering and
3. Electronics and communication Engineering 60 each.
Our Polytechnic was one of the three polytechnics selected for starting Community Polytechnic Scheme under the Human Resource Department of the Central Government in 1979-80. here is a students Hostel attached to the Polytechnic College capable of housing 180 inmates from the year 1966
Dr. T. Sivanesan M.E.,F.I.E.,D.Litt.,M.I.S.T.E.,Ph.D.,is the present principle
General Discipline:1.Every student is expected to conduct himself/herself at all time in all places in such a manner so as to bring credit to him/her and to the institution.
2. Strict discipline should be maintained in the institution campus.
3. Every student should set an example set an example to others by his decent behaviour and regular study.
4. Students are advised to make a libral use of the library in their leisure time and they prohibited from loitering anywhere in the campus to avoid causing disturbance to others.
5. They should inculcate the habit of keeping the surroundings clean and tidy. Better environment promotes good health and better learing.
6. Every student should handle the polytechnic property very carefully. If any damage is done by anybody, it should be brought to the notice of the concerned authorities immediately.
7. With the permission of the Principal only the students can take part in discussions or address meetings or invite an outsider to preside over a function within the campus.
8. Without specfic permission of the Principal, notices of any sort should not be displayed on the notice board or anywhere inside the campus.
9. They should not directly or indirectly involve in any political movement.
10. The Principal may from time to time issue orders relating to the conduct of the students in the polytechnic and hostel for the welfare of the institution.
11. On any who infringes any of the rules stated ablve either by word or deed; the Principal will have the full powers to insist suitable punishment by way of fine or loss of attendance or refusal of hall ticket and conduct certificate or expulsion.
The other educational institutions run by the Bhaktavatsalam Educational Trust are:
1. Bhaktavatsalam Shastiapdapoorthi High School,Athur, Kanchipuram District (1958).
2. Sarojini Varadappan Girls Higher Secondary School, Poonamallie, Kanchipuram District (1980).
3. Brindavan Public School, Coonoor, the Nilgiris District (1976).
4. Brindavan Public School, Athur, Kanchipuram District (1975) extension at Sarayu Chengalpattu (2003).
5. Vedha Padasalai, Athur, Kanchipuram District (1976).
6. Nagappa Mudaliar Agama Padasalai, Ozhalur, Kanchipuram District (1978).
7. Thevara Padasalai, Thirukkalukkundram, Kanchipuram District.
8. Brindavan Public School, Kodaikkanal (1983).
9. Pattammal Alagasan College of Arts & Science,Athur.(2002).
10. Kanchi College of Education, Kanchipuram (2007).